Unity Tutorial 01

I learnt that unity only uses c sharp for coding now, as I thought there were multiple languages unity uses depending on the platform. I found how you can select where the lighting comes from very interesting as I know that takes a lot to do. The terrain editing reminded me of age of empires custom maps which was one of my favourite modes in the game. It is not as difficult as I thought it would be and I actually found it quite enjoyable messing with the terrain. As I was following the second tutorial I was getting worried there would not be any use of particles to make it look more professional but as I went on to the third tutorial I saw that we were using trees and grass. I was surprised at how much custom ability there is. It will take me a little while to get used to writing some of the scripts. I found the tutorials were easy to follow and the voice over was clear and concise. These tutorials have furthered my excitement to jump into the game design project. I really am enjoying this module and hopefully I will continue to enjoy it for this semester.

Comments

  1. hi aidan! the information in this blog is great and i can see you put some time and effort into learning how to use unity! it'll play to your advantage that it reminds you of similar programs or layout in other games, i look forward to seeing you work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Alpha

Game Brainstorm