Games MDA

I like the video describing the differences between mechanics, dynamics and aesthetics as I know a lot of people were asking what they were when writing about there own game design asking for the context they could use it. I also think if the video had a voice over reading out the writing or talking about them more in detail it would be easier and I would have more retention. It helped the way the video cleared up the difference between mechanics and dynamics as I do sometimes get them mixed up especially with the grey areas. When I first clicked to read the MDA I was a bit over whelmed with the amount of writing. "By moving between MDA ís three levels of abstraction, we can conceptualize the dynamic behavior of game systems. Understanding games as dynamic systems helps us develop techniques for iterative design and improvement" This is talking about how each part of MDA can help understand what people want and almost control how they will act in the game while giving them the ability to improve there work. I found the examples of games and there aesthetics helped me understand the labelling as I would not have used any of the words they used in this article as a description for aesthetics of a game.

Comments

  1. hi aidan! i like how you are honest in your blog and discuss about this on a very personal level, it is clear to see the work is having an impact on you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Alpha

Game Brainstorm