Game Idea Research

The idea I am focusing in on is a hamster who has escaped the house from its owner in a hamster ball and is exploring the outside world for the first time. Some mechanics I was thinking of having is an attack against enemy's like cats and animal control. Im not sure what I would do as the attack move though as there are many ways I could do it. I could do a similar one to sonic the hedgehog and spin fast or jump on top of them. I could also give him a weapon which would be easier to do probably. Another mechanic is that the hamster ball can act as a barrier/ second life like in mario when he gets bigger from eating a mushroom. I feel like it would be a good and interesting mechanic to add as it will enable me to make the game more difficult.The last mechanic is a simple one but it gives an objective to the game which is for the h
amster to collect something around the map.
What the character would be based on
Source

Comments

  1. Hey Aidan, well that's a unique game idea, wonder how you came up with it? It's a cool game concept nonetheless. Having the enemy as a cat is a great idea, hamsters fear people too maybe you could do that as well. Hope the hamster survives his journey, you should give him a name. I suggest you call him Alan. Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aidan!
    Having a hamster as the main character is certainly interesting. A hamster with a weapon would be funny. I'd suggest giving him a P90 so he can spray down the enemies. I think the hamster barrier/ second life idea sounds great because games that are too easy are boring in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Aidan ,this game idea seems pretty cool it kinda reminds me of the movie over the hedge where they all escape and discover the outside world for the first time and encounter many adventures in a short time space.I can imagine this being na actual game and the more he collects the stronger he gets I assume.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aidan! I really liked this game idea. I think its a a great idea and the part about the threat from enemies such as cats etc is very good and gives a good plot to the story of the game. i enjoyed the part about the hamster ball becoming a second life. Would this allow the hamster to become more powerful and invincible? and what would the hamster collect? would it lead to points?. What if when the hamster goes into the hamster ball he becomes invisible for a certain amount of time . and will allow it to take some pressure off the player for a few seconds but once the time is up the become visible again. You could have it as sometime of reward. Cant wait to see the developed game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aidan, I really like the hamster idea and i think it could be a lot of fun to play around with different mechanics that would link to the struggles a hamster would face in real life. I like the idea of incorporating the hamster ball as a '1UP' element to help you on difficult sections. You could also us something like a water drip as 'life boost' scattered throughout the game, well good luck with it anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha

Game Brainstorm