Game Brainstorm

My first idea I have for my game is an obstacle style game where you have to jump over gaps and time running through blades all while collecting gems to pass through to the next level. If you fall down a gap or get hit by a blade you go back to a checkpoint or to the start. Each level would have a different theme or style look. Each level will get more difficult with things like the level art affecting what you can see making it harder. I like this idea because I enjoy these challenge games and I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to produce. I guess you could say it would be similar to the game mirrors edge a little bit. This is what I would say best describes the game. Here is an example of it

My second idea is about an alien who crashed on earth and is looking for parts for his ship to leave. But he is being chased by the FBI so has to deal with them while looking for pieces. The alien will have a gun and can shoot the FBI agents. There will be cows that you can abduct/absorb to re-gen your health/ gain health back. Something to help describe this game would be the old game destroy all humans as there are small similarities. Here is a link to it

My third idea is that you play as a hamster in a hamster ball. There will be a hamster roaming the outside world after achieving his first taste of freedom he wants to explore the world. Collect coins along the way as you try to defeat enemy cats and fox's. There will be special routes just for the hamster ball to fit in. An idea for a level I had was a golf course and to complete it you have to get into the 18th hole. I googled my idea an d found there was game produced with a similar idea here is a link

My fourth idea is you play as a blob of paint in a grey world and you have a certain amount of time to colour everything in the level. As the levels progress you will have to use multiple colours. There will be grey blobs against you at certain levels trying to paint everything grey.


Mirrors Edge Game Source

Comments

  1. Hey Aidan,
    Looking forward to hearing more about your final game choice. I think you have come up with some nice game designs. They look well thought out especially the first one. This is personally my favourite idea out of the four. I also really liked your idea of having a different theme or look for each level. It would certainly create a more visually pleasing game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aiden.
    Love the idea's that you have flowing. Kind of wished you had more links to research and more images for concepts but I guess it will do for most people as long as you have a good idea of everything
    love,
    james

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coloured blob game sounds very fun, especially if you somehow manage to get the blobs colours to look like splashes of paint dropping. The obstacle course sounds like something definitely doable within Unity, as does the Hamster Ball. I look forward to whatever you make :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aidan,
    I think you have four really strong ideas here and you could very easily develop these quite well in unity. I really like the Hamster and Alien ideas in particular. i think these are very unique and could be really enjoyable to design and play. you could try to incorporate both ideas into eachother, depending on which you go for, even just for fun as a hidden idea of previous ideas. i look forward to see your game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Alpha