Unity Tutorial 02

The file setup can be tedious creating empty after empty. It was a little confusing to get my head around it but after a while it made sense to do it. The coding is getting a lot easier and I'm beginning to get a feel for it the more I do it. Its useful that the water is pre built into the unity programme. Its a useful. I find the shortcuts are a great help with working at a fast pace. I was originally worried about the look (as much as Shaun told us not to) as I felt it looked too rpg/mmo like, But after seeing how much you can change the textures and overall look of things in the game it put those worries to the back of my mind. The crosshair makes it feel a lot more like a game. As before it felt like a simulator rather than a game for some reason. It might due to the fact that we are so used to having a crosshair in a game thats a first person game. The ray casting was a little harder to grasp but after going over that part in the tutorial a few times it helped me understand. I originally thought it was something completely different in game. I did end up with errors in my C# but that was due to forgetting one semi colon. It also reminds me a lot of css and jquery in some aspects of the coding.
unity logo Source

Comments

  1. Nice blog post Aidan, We've similar thought with the addition of the cross hair. It feels more like a game you and I would play together. Looking forward to that over Xmas. The coding was a bugger last week for me too, Just one of those things we gotta look into a bit more, but before we know it we won't have to think about it. Anyway sweet blog my dude or should I say .... Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Alpha

Game Brainstorm